Cal Politic

A weblog dedicated to California politics. A thriving democracy depends on an informed body politic.

Friday, July 16, 2004

Schwarzenegger Starts Summer Slamfest

Let the Games Begin!

Governor Schwarzenegger officially renegged on his campaign promise to end "politics as usual" in Sacramento by pouring gasoline on an already smoldering fire of political rhetoric over a state budget that is over one month late. Just days after comparing state legislators to kindergarteners, Schwarzenegger offered the following at a late afternoon press conference yesterday.

The LA Times has the story:

"I will stay here until 2006. I will stay here, and I will fight like a warrior for the people," he said. "And there is no one that can stop me. If anyone pushes me around, I will push back, including the Democrats and the special interests. Trust me."


Trust him? Trust the guy who said he would change the tone of politics in Sacramento? Trust the guy who said he would bring in a new era of cooperation and bipartisanship?
 
I don't know about you, but trust is not something I'm willing to give this governor anymore. How many more promises will he break before his popularity starts to suffer? I think we need to start a list of the Governor's broken promises. Maybe we can convince Pacific John over at Gropinator to start a running list. He's done an excellent job of detailing every step and misstep made so far by Schwazenegger.

In your opinion, what is the worst broken promise made by Governor Schwarzenegger just 8 months into his term?



1 Comments:

  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Pacific John said…

    I'm late to the show here, but that's a great idea. If I have some time, I'll try to put a sticky in the margin that tracks Schwarzenegger's biggest reversals and gaffes. If we're good for anything, we're here to plug the memory hole; we need to keep those floaters in the bowl for all to see. (Sorry about that!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home